Resources during Social Distancing
We are going to be keeping a running list of resources during this time to help out the families we serve as well as anyone in our community who may be looking for some assistance or ideas:
- Video Visits with a Doctor: If you are in need of medical care that is not an emergency, Via Christi is offering $20 video visits with a doctor, no insurance needed.
- Bread of Life: 1301 E Galena, Wichita, KS 67216; Open Tuesdays 10 am – 1:45 pm. Bring your ID and child’s social security card. Do not get in line before 6 am. Bring your ID.
- Union Rescue Mission: 2800 N Hillside St, Wichita, KS 67219; Supplemental groceries on Thursdays to families that qualify. Call Monday at 9am to sign up, 316-687-4673. Diapers and formula also available.
- There are far too many great ways to connect your children academically online to list them all, but here are a couple comprehensive lists found here and here.
- Mo Willem’s Daily Lunch Doodles: For younger children (or young at heart adults), check out Mo Willem’s daily lunch doodles for an opportunity to be creative and learn from one of today’s most beloved children’s authors.
- Science Mom: There is a live science & math show M-F at 10:00 a.m. local time. Science Mom and Math Dad do fun lessons, experiments, and challenges.
Creative Ways to Connect: