Become a Mentor
Grow together. Be a mentor.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a mentor and inspiring kids and youth in our community.
Youth Horizons is looking for adult Christians in the Wichita area who have a desire to raise hope in youth through our structured Mentoring Program.
Mentor applicants are interviewed, screened, and trained thoroughly before being matched with a mentee.
- Commitment to the Christian faith
- 21 years old (flexible for school-based mentoring)
- Wichita area resident
- Personal interview, application, training, and background checks
- Transportation and a valid driver’s license with proof of insurance
- Interpersonal skills to work with the child, their family, and the mentor coach
How It Works
Our mentors provide one-on-one mentorship in three primary formats:
- Community-based activities together
- School-based “Lunch Buddy” program
- On-site at Kinloch Price Boys Ranch or Wren House for girls
Your Next Steps
- Complete the mentor application online.
- Schedule an interview with a Mentor Coach.
- Agree to a background check.
- Provide references, driver’s license, and proof of insurance.
- Attend a Youth Horizons mentor training session.
Is there a maximum age limit for mentors?
No, there is no age cap for mentors.
What are the time expectations of mentors?
1-3 hours per week, for a minimum of one year. Many of our matches choose to continue longer than one year.
Refer a child.
Do you know a child or young teen who could benefit from our Mentoring Program?